Code of Conduct
Dedicated to services enhancing the quality of life for seniors and caregivers by offering information and sensible choices that promote health, well-being, financial stability and longevity.
As members of AGES, we provide services to the community we serve with Competence, Compassion, Integrity, Sensitivity and Professionalism. Each member of AGES agrees and adheres to the following:
CODE OF CONDUCT
- AGES members shall have concern for the well being of their clients.
- AGES members shall provide services in an equitable manner for all clients.
- AGES members shall not exploit their clients financially, socially, emotionally, sexually, physically or in any other manner.
- AGES members shall avoid those relationships or activities that interfere with professional judgment and objectivity.
- AGES members shall disclose to their clients or prospective clients any affiliation that may pose a conflict of interest.
- AGES members shall not exploit a relationship with a client for personal or financial gain.
- AGES members shall strive to ensure fees are fair, reasonable and commensurate with the services performed. All fees for services are to be discussed with the client or other person accepting responsibility for payment prior to the initiation of services.
- AGES members shall take all precautions to avoid harm to the client or his or her property.
- AGES members shall respect the rights of their clients.
- AGES members shall protect the client’s right to privacy and confidentiality in accordance with the laws of the state of New York or the state where the services are performed.
- AGES members shall achieve and maintain high standards of competence.
- AGES members shall accurately represent their professional experience and training when requested by their client, client’s family or someone looking out for the client, prospective client and other professionals.
- AGES members shall keep current with issues affecting their clients.
- AGES members shall refer clients to other members or service providers when additional knowledge and expertise are required.
- AGES members shall treat clients, family members, colleagues and other professionals with fairness, discretion and integrity.